Another timeless classic, When Worlds Collide (1951) dir. Rudolph Maté, is going to be abused by another incompetent director — Stephen Sommers, who helmed the recent G. I. Joe: Rise of Cobra debacle.
Some off the cuff complaints:
1. The director.
2. How can such a simple premise of a star colliding with the Earth be improved on? — perhaps, some minorities, but then again the original was made in 1951.
3. Would 100 million dollars (a guess) of special effects really make much difference?
4. Wouldn’t it just look like ‘2012’?
5. The remake of The Day the Earth Stood was a disaster…
1. Any actor is better than Richard Derr — perhaps they would look at the camera less.
2. The painted backdrop at the end of the movie would get a special 10 million dollar upgrade.
My When Worlds Collide (1951) review….