1. Body modification + new definitions of humanity + a mystery! What is there not to like? I’ve not read any of Charles Sheffield’s SF. I look forward to exploring his oeuvre.
2. A proto-cyberpunk novel? I wonder if Ford’s novel, Web of Angels (1980), doesn’t receive the readership it should due to the lack of noir imagery and Asian culture that forms the “cyberpunk” archetype…. thoughts?
3. I need to complete Doris Lessing’s sequence! When I might get around to reading it is another matter…
4. I always see Ernest Callenbach’s environmental utopia novel on the shelves of my local Half Price Books. While wandering around Mexico City I saw this one for a few pesos… and grabbed it.
Note: I am currently in Mexico City, far away from my scanner, and will be for almost another week. In two instances I own different editions of the books than the cover might indicate. I have noted in the back cover blurb which I own.
Let me know what books/covers intrigue you. Which have you read? Enjoyed? Hated?
1. Sight of Proteus, Charles Sheffield (1978) (MY REVIEW)
(Clyde Caldwell’s cover for the 1978 edition) Continue reading